14 Huxley Avenue, Providence, RI, 02908
Computer Science major with strong technical skills and experience seeks full time employment in educational field that promotes growth and initiates creativity.
Providence College, Providence, RI
B.S. in Computer Science, May 2003
Cumulative GPA 3.01/ Major GPA - 3.5
Dean's List Spring 2002, 2003
- Related Courses - Discrete Data Structure, Assembler Language, Perl and PHP, Linear Algebra, Math Statistics, Database Management Systems, Calculus I and II.
- Operating Systems - Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000
- Applications - Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Adobe Go Live 5.0, Adobe Pagemaker, Macromedia MX Suite, Black Ice Defender, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Frontpage 2000, Internet, Outlook, Cute FTP, Norton Ghost, Symantec Anti-Virus
TECHNICAL WORK EXPERIENCE
A.T. Cross, Lincoln, RI June 2002-June 2003
MIS Department Assistant
- Maintain and repair computers for an office of 500+ employees.
- Assisted in maintaining an international network of computers.
- Extensive use and knowledge of Norton Ghost and Norton Anti-Virus.
- Extensive use and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Responsible for the cataloging of company’s hardware assets.
Business Technology Center WCU, West Chester, PA May-August 2001
- Wrote Perl/CGI scripts for a calendar program used at the university.
- Installed security software for the University and BTCWCU
- Maintained and repaired computers in the labs and office
LANGUAGES & OTHER SKILLS
Fluent in Vietnamese, quick on absorbing new skills, effective team player, results and goal oriented
ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
91.3 FM WDOM Friar Radio Music Director/ DJ 1999 – 2003
- Organized various events for the station.
- Involved in planning and programming a schedule of over 100 DJs.
- Main contact with various promotion and record companies.
- Handle music charts reported to CMJ weekly.
Asian American Club member 1999-2003